In the world of fuel gases, is Acetylene better than Propane?
Each has its advantages. It depends on what you’re trying to accomplish.
5 Advantages of Acetylene
- Hottest flame temperature fuel gas
- 1.5/1 ratio gas to Oxygen
- Pinpoint flame, easier to start, “bites in”
- Localized; heat depth can be controlled
- Smaller tips can be used on jewelry and electronics
Alternative Fuel Advantages
- Lower cost
- Higher BTUs per cubic foot
- Larger gas volume per cylinder available
- Higher use pressure