Butler Gas is currently seeking an ambitious, results-oriented individual to drive market share growth for our ISO/IEC 17025:2017 PurityPlus Tier4 accredited Specialty Gas Manufacturing Lab in Pittsburgh. We have more packaged gas capability than any company in our region, motivated to be the region’s best gas manufacturer and distributor. Butler Gas has been family-owned-and-operated for 76 years. This individual must be able to thrive in a face-to-face, entrepreneurial, small team.
A Specialty Gas Sales Executive will focus on business development and account management based in-person at our McKees Rocks Specialty Gas Manufacturing Lab, focusing on a core territory 60-mile-radius around Pittsburgh.
We are looking for a sales rising star who acts like a sponge – someone who has natural sales and teamwork talents, who excels at building strong relationships, and who has a passion to learn the specialty gases industry (even if you know it already!). This person must have a technical or business degree, be able to connect and add value with a scientific customer base, and to learn, retain, and apply technical product information.
This is an exciting time to become an A-player in a company that thrives on its entrepreneurial nature and rewards success by providing industry leading compensation and benefits.
What will I be doing?
- Visiting existing specialty gas customers and scouting opportunities for additional products
- Targeting and qualifying prospective specialty gas customers, and working our sales process
- Driving the sale of specialty gases and gas equipment
- Managing, consulting, and building relationships with assigned clients
- Generating and growing acceptable levels of profit
- Developing quotes and drafting proposals in pursuit of new business
- Analyzing product performance data and preparing customer reports
- Understanding and promoting Butler Gas capabilities, not just specialty gases
- Working closely with operations and administration to resolve issues for customers
Who will succeed in this role?
- Asks great questions, curious and inquisitive
- Excels at listening, collaborating, adding value, negotiating, and taking action
- Speaks the language of business, learns quickly the language of specialty gases
- Utilizes with proficiency all Microsoft Office products
- Leverages CRM as a sales tool
- Takes personal accountability for the success of the team and the customer
A competitive salary with commission will be provided to the successful candidate in addition to an excellent benefits package including health insurance, 401K wealth building with matching, profit sharing, 18 paid days off in year one, expense account, cell phone allowance, and car allowance.